Saturday, September 27, 2008

Texas Cowboys came from Bavaria???



This week I took another step toward becoming Bavarian - purchasing Lederhosen and attending Oktoberfest! As I was strapping on my "leather-pants" and strapping is really the right word, and tieing my "scarf" around my neck, I realized this outfit was not so far from our texas cowboys...leather pants (chaps), and the bandana. Perhaps not such an American novelty after all.







Although I do think we might be abit smarter, certainly strapped on leather trousers are much better for riding horses than drinking lots of beer...especially as it took me an extra five minutes to "break loose" of my trousers when heading to the 'lou' and this is not a time when you wish to be having to wait!

As we say in Oktoberfest....PROST!!!